Barry has modernized the traditional Japanese companion blade with a more effective point and an ultra fine cutting edge. It is designed to serve you well as a compact all around field and GP (general purpose) knife. It is made from 5160 steel and the knife has an overall length of 9 1/4". The blade is 5" long with handy thumb rest.
The Modern Tanto is available in your choice of Desert Tan or Black Micarta or stabilized Wood handle. This Tanto also comes with a highly versatile Kydex sheath, featuring Barry's split style belt loop and specially designed to be rigged in several different ways.
- Overall Length: 9 1/4"
- Blade Length: 5"
- Blade Thickness: 1/8"
- Blade Type: Plain Edge Modern Tanto Point
- Blade Material: 5160 High Carbon Alloy Steel
- Blade Finish: Graphite Black Cerakote
- Handle Length: 4 1/4"
- Handle Material: Black Paracord Wrapped Off-White Micarta
- Carry System: Black Kydex Sheath w/ TekLok
- Weight: 6 oz w/Out Sheath; 9 oz w/Sheath
- Hand Made in USA
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Industry-leading Cerakote© finish protects your blade from corrosion
- Textured Micarta© handle will not swell, split, warp or crack
- NEW All-weather Kydex© sheath
- NEW TekLok© attachment for use with belt, backpack or MOLLE gear
- Locking detent ensures secure carry even through heavy terrain
- Integral hand guards with thumbrests
- Lifetime free refurbish and resharpen included
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
“Dull Knife Terminator” - Your Authorized Dawson Knives Dealer!